For some reason I thought going to a 6:30 movie on a Saturday night was a good idea. Gary was not thrilled but went along with it.
1. You get out early enough to go to dinner.
2. You feel extremely young.
3. Chances are you won’t know anyone there.
1. The volume is deafening (this has to be because the projectionist is tired of people asking to have the sound turned up)
2. You have to step over someone who has a cane to get to your seats.
3. At the turning point of the movie you hear the same whisper throughout the theatre. ‘it’s the sister’ echoed from every corner of the place.
No shit, we were introduced to the sister 45 minutes ago!
The movie ended. Gary and I both said ‘It’s the sister’ at the same time and started to laugh. At which point he asked me never to request the 6:30 movie again. Seriously, this was the equivalent of the early bird special.
Crap, could my hair be turning blue?
Haven’t had enough of me yet? You can also read me at 50-Something Moms Blog.
For photo enthusiasts, visit Leaving the zip code, photos from outside the comfort zone